Day 52 – Saturday, July 15


PCT Mile 815.6 to PCT Mile 830.9
Day Total: 15.3 Miles

Today was hard.

I fell off a log crossing a creek, and Stephen twisted his ankle. Our shoes were wet more than they weren't and progress over snow fields was exhausting and slow.

We were hungry and grumpy and I cried.

All that said, I look around, and I can't feel sorry for myself for long. The views today were nothing short of stunning. The sharp granite peaks covered with snow and massive, perfect glacial valleys I saw today are what I'll think of forever when I think of the PCT through the Sierras.

Stephen built a little campfire tonight after we'd set up our tent in a densely forested area near a raging creek. We sat around with our little trail family of Papa Bear, Caboose, and Trailblazer, eating instant mashed potatoes and talking about how hard today was.

Papa Bear, who also fell in a creek today, said it best: "Today, nature won."

Comments