Day Six – May 30

Notice the rock formation!

MILE 91.1 TO WARNER SPRINGS
18.4 Miles (Trip Total: 109.5 Miles)

We passed the 100 mile mark this morning! Wahoooo! Maybe in the next 100 I'll be strong enough to stand up from this position with my pack on.

We started hiking about 6:30 this morning and got to Barrel Spring, the first natural water source we've seen in more than 40 miles, by about 10:30. We filled up there, ate a snack and continued, aiming to get to the town of Warner Springs before the post office closed at 4 p.m.

The next section was horribly hot and unshaded. For the first time, we hiked through open, dry meadows, passing a remarkable natural feature, aptly named Eagle Rock.

We made it to town by 2:30, picked up our resupply box at the post office, and send home a few extra items. For me, it was my long pants and fleece. I might need them again later, but for now I'll save the weight.

From there, a nice lady gave us a ride to the Resource Center, a building run by volunteers that provides hikers with everything you could think of.

It was amazing! The people were incredibly nice.

I took a bucket shower, and then put on clean clothes they let me borrow and we went to dinner at the golf course restaurant in town. We were whooped from hiking in the heat, so we went to bed pretty soon after.

Eagle Rock

Comments

  1. Bruce Wood just put us on to this blog, which we will read with interest and envy. Great to hear it's going well so far.
    Best,
    Alison and Sean Gorman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment